Tuesday, September 14, 2010

On love

Just saw Barney's Version with Paul Giamatti,
My new favourite film

I am and always have been a romantic at heart
Someone who believes in love and all the trappings of it.
No I don't buy into Hollywood because they always paint a pretty picture
It is the stuff fairy tales are made of
and YES love should be like that but it is also routine, conflict, challenge,
The stuff that Hollywood does not show us

Every now and again I see a film that captures the true spirit of love in my mind
When Harry Met Sally was the first
Contact was the second
and now Barney's Version.

We see people work for it, find it, live it, and deal with it in all its forms
It is what I will one day share, I hope with someone
Barney says to his love
"I am just going to keep talking here because I am afraid if I stop, there will be that pause, that moment, the silence and you are going to say "it's getting late" or "I need to go" and I don't ever want that to happen, ever."
He turns to look at her, they stop, she replies
"There it is, that silence, I'm still here"

To have you still here, who ever you are, even after you see my worst
A dream, to dream beyond all dreams.

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

Hello my friend, it has been difficult to post, but here I am on a Sunday night laying down in bed and thinking of you, if you were still writing.... I am too a romantic at heart...and for some reason an affair to remember was one of the first movies that came to my mind and then eternal sunshine of the spotless mind..I like the eccentric emotional types I guess... the most important thing is not never stop dreaming, no matter how mindfull one might be.... Happy thanksgiving! Thank you for the inspiring words...

Chaos said...

I won't ever stop
Dreaming. You are welcome for the words I hope you are well. More to come as life grows again just been so busy. I think of you also and wonder