Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sharing

Sharing is something I love doing.
I have been criticized on many occasions for talking to much
Sometimes I feel that I do talk too much
I call and spend all this time talking about me and my day
Then you say I wrote you about this, or remember this about my day
I feel like an idiot, I feel self centered, I feel inconsiderate.
Not because I did not remember, or that I didn’t mention it
But because I was so excited just to share.
If I am asked I believe that you want to know so I tell
In my excitement I forget to ask sometimes
I also forget that when I ask “so how was your day?”
You may not understand that it means: I want to know take all the time to share with me that you want
I forget that you may not share the same way I do; you may need a more specific query
I may not realize that when I share you listen and wait because when you are sharing,
your shares trigger more things in me and I want to share more
It then becomes interactive
I love to share and give details and tell stories and bring them to their fullest completion
I hate to lose a point, miss a detail or not finish
I don’t do tell my elaborate stories to be selfish or self centered
I tell them because I love it when you can understand and feel what I did.
I tell because I enjoy sharing, I enjoy the taste of the words as they roll over my lips
I tell because I love listening to your response, because I love seeing you react
I tell because you asked and I love to share
I love sharing

No comments: