Saturday, December 22, 2007

Alone

I am here in this bubble
This space away from the reality of the world I once new
I know not a soul but I spend time with many
My mind is open but my business keeps me outside of my head

Many things sink in here but I have no time to understand them
I no longer require the same things I used to and many things I want...
Well they seem so inappropriate here or out of place
So I accept that they will come when they need to

For now I am in a place that I need/want
I think of people and I miss people and I want people
So many things I left unfinished
Yet, as selfish as this may seem,
I want none of it
These moments here in this bubble
Are the moments which are setting me outside of my patterns
Breaking down my habits which held me in place and kept me
Reaching rather than attaining

For those who are still with me when I step out of the bubble
They will hold what I hold
But I will not need them to hold me up
I will hold myself up and invite them to come along

This is an interesting journey this one
Where I learn of myself and my quiet space
There is a spot in me for me,
and although there will always be space for my freinds and family
There may not be a sacrifice of myself for them

Each person needs to stand unto themself
Each person needs to be surrounded by those who can that
So that each person can choose when to truly reach out and give
As well as recieve the support we need
For as much as we stand unto ourselves
We are not islands

My heart holds love for myself right now
And I am enjoying finding me.

No comments: