Monday, December 21, 2009

Another Dream

I would laugh to discover one day that you read these still
That would be hilarious
That the joining of us comes from these cryptic thoughts in my head
I know it not to be true but it made me laugh
Just like the dream

I awake and walk across my room
It is the dead of night 3:15 and my computer is on
I stumble to it as I feel a great calling for me/help
I look on the computer knowing there will be nothing

In my inbox, to my surprise is a number of mails
I scan them for your name
As I figured you are not there
But wait another mail with a name close to yours
And yours buried beneath

I open it
It is a photo collage of me
Moments in time where you took pictures without my knowing
All strung together in a digital slideshow
Something to say you have been thinking of me but did not know how to say it
Now showing you care, how much I am a part of you
You finish the mail with a simple note

So you know I still care
For your pleasure to see
In the meantime just...
phone
or email.

True to form and all that you are
I smile and cry
for I do not have your phone number
You have taken communication away from us
and like all other times
this is just part of your game
to hurt me

No comments: