Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Marewidge

Today another one of my friends/aqquaintances announced they were getting marweed. Another actor couple, who seem to be doing well in the business and are able to take this big step, both emotionally and financially. They are work aqquaintances so I am not that connected to them but it is a happy moment. At the same time it makes me think and feels like a double whammy (press your luck).

Am I doing something wrong? I don't seem to be able to make any forward financial progress in my rather challenging industry, yet I see and know people who do so. I don't seem to be able to hold onto a stable relationship, yet I see people do it. I know that I have grown over the years and my immature choices are not the source of downfall, or maybe I am just lying to myself. Or maybe I just don't do things right? Or maybe I am not meant to figure things out? Or maybe I am just incapable of growing in that manner? Or maybe I have something wrong with me? Or maybe I am too picky and cannot be satisfied with what I have? Or maybe...ad nauseum on the questions.

Every now and again I see people in the place I wish to be and I envy. I hope that this feeling is not exclusive to me and that I can get over it and just accept everything about where I am. It all goes back to the being.

1 comment:

artsmonkey said...

"Being an artist means, not reckoning and counting, but ripening like the tree which dows not force its sap and stands confident in the storms of spring without the fear thatn after them may come no summer. It does come. But it comes only to the patient, who are there as though eternity lay before them, so unconcernedly still and wide... Patience is everything!"
- Rainer Maria Rilke