Friday, March 14, 2008

Muse

You are interesting
Viewed from the outside you are everything
But from the inside you are so much less
Than everyone thinks

There is no way you could be more
I think it startles us both
But it is okay

The nights are late and we share
We are in a space that needs this connection
Both physically and emotionally where we are
No one believes it is innocent

It does not matter if they do
We know it is innocent and will not be more
It makes you unique
It teaches me
Gives me appreciation for another
I look at you and smile you smile back

Share this extra moment,
This thought that has you in it
In a few weeks you will be gone
This innocent moment will have passed

I may weep at loss
But a new kind
One never before experienced
Harry was wrong and Sally was right

No comments: