Thursday, May 22, 2008

Values

Through various incidents and the increase of popularity
I have come to a conclusion
That people do not value what is done in the work place
But what is done outside of the work place
A persons ability to gain friendship and popularity
Determines their value.
It is difficult to see that people hold that value,
not because valuing human interacion is bad
but because it devalues work ethic
and the quality of work and attention to detail
which makes work a good place
deterioates quickly leaving it an unpleasant place to be.
It gives me greater understanding to the lack of completed work tasks
and the few picking up the slack in an working environment
I wish my value, while at work, was more on popularity than it is on work
For unfortunately I have also seen too much where the attention to social interaction
Is also the foundation for work promotion.

No comments: