Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Scares

There is not too much that I want in life
I have had lofty dreams 
But those have become grounded
I recognize what they can be
And realize that they can exist rooted firmly
Possibly lofty if lucky
But into those dreams has always been you
And now that you are here I want integration
It is happening but it takes time
Space and distance
Included in that are simple pleasures
Which seem difficult to achieve
I want some new shoes, a shirt, some contacts,
I want to go for a drink, a night out and a weekend away
I want some basic romance things
They seem hard to get right now
and as I draw closer to the close of one thing
and the opening of the door of my wonderful new life
with you (an event so exciting to me)
I get a bit scared
Those things I want can only be achieved with some stability
I don't have it
I don't have a plan
and I am not used to that
So I get a bit scared as to how I will get those things
I know with you it can be done and I will over come
however, but lingers...
I am tired of being in want, I am tired of being here
I want only you and our dreams
I don't want to disappoint you or me

No comments: