Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Staff Mess is Closed

People are inconsiderate
They all think that other people will pick up after them
That what they leave behind will disappear
And for that majority of people who do not think
Those who have to think get closed out of things

I come into the room and all the volumes are cranked
People are screaming a shouting and having a good time
It is 9am and way to early for me in this environment

I turn around and put my plate down
In the only quiet area
I go to sit down but an “important” person with a uniform says
“The staff mess is closed, when people use it they leave it dirty and it will not be ready for lunch”

I look at my little quiet place and cry inside
I have not left a mess behind me in this area yet
“The staff mess is closed” is a sign that to me politely reads
“Please be respectful, leave the area as you found it, and clean up any of your own messes”

Tragically most people are inconsiderate and I am ushered off to squeeze into a far corner
That is only less boisterous than the rest of the room
And my quiet thinking breakfast moments are taken from me
For the lack of consideration of the many

No comments: