Monday, February 23, 2009

4 Days

I have done it
A bit over a year and a half a go
I was falling apart
My career had just reached a peak and felt collapsed
My relationship had folded (my initial choice our mutual later)
My living quarters, albeit nice, were stagnant and boring to me
My income was next to nil and I was living on credit
My life was officially falling apart and at a low with no sight to get out

I made a choice
Time to change things to break the patterns and find me
I found a path and got on a cruise ship
The environment was exactly what the universe needed to provide
My years got out of my way and I listened very carefully to what the universe had to say
I began to accept myself, my solitude, my desires
I began to take in what I truly wanted and understand the patience that I need to get it
I opened up my soul without really knowing what was happening

In the process
I found more than I could imagine
I discovered those things that I wanted
I began living a dream I thought was dead

The dream is taking me to places always wanted
It is complimenting the lessons learned in patience
Reminding me of persistence
All the while being the best thing in the world to happen to me ever
(I took  a second ship run in order to be able to better follow through on her my dream)
It was hard, it has been hard.  It was scary to step away from you for so long

In 4 days, just 4 days that choice comes to an end.
I will be finished the journey and on my way home
8 days later I will be with you and a new journey,
the one that is the rest of my life begins
It is so exciting for it is not mine alone 
but ours and it is finally upon us
Every second has been worth what is about to come.

No comments: