Friday, February 27, 2009

Upside Down

I got up this morning.
My last few hours on the ship
And things felt a little off
I am excited for all that is about to come
But as I got myself ready to leave this place
I had a flashback

The first time I was here signing off
There was great excitement for I would be meeting you and learning about you soon
The second time I signed off
There was great sadness and pain for I still had no clear picture of the damage I caused and what it could mean for us later
Today I sign off with excitement and trepidation
For the outcome of those two experiecnces above is a world of opportunity but uncertain in its outcome
At one point the outcome felt obvious and we knew what it was
But I feel I have damaged it over time
The story took a twist and I no longer know how it ends
I believe I do, I see evidence to what I think, but like a good thriller
Even though I know what is around the corner
It is still a little scary until I actually face it head on

No comments: