Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Memories

It has been a year away from you
Five weeks that is all we have had in person
That can be scary but also exciting
For the way that we connect is wonderful
We have much to learn
The unknown has so much in it
It is our chance to grow together

I can hardly wait for the moment
When I get off the plane and stand with you
Knowing I can stay, that I am welcome, that I am home
But till then I have memories

You have visited me twice here
And as I walk around I see you
(It is almost the same ship the memories are vivid due to surroundings)
There is the spot we first kissed, when my hand found its perfect fit
The chairs we sat in for our first date and the table we moved to
I see the spot where we started our night
The door in which you asked if we could meet
There is the corridor to your/our state room
The sofa in which you told me about visions
The dance floor
The space where I first had a drink with you

As I walk around these memories are all I have to keep me in touch with you
Well not exactly, the net, and phones help
But these memories are special
Like videos in my head they are tangible moments
Where you are present and I can recall very specific emotions
The feelings of love and desire
Want and need
Peace and happiness
All emotions that lead me to say
I love you

No comments: