Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sacrifice

Laying in bed staring at the ceiling
On it is your face, a picture of you and a picture of us
I miss you
As I look at your these moments frozen in time
I recall the feelings they brought me
There have been times I have doubted
Gotten cold feet if you will
Afraid that I might do you wrong in our choice
Just for being me (you can do better)
There have been times I have doubted
maybe I am not enough
There have been times I have doubted
maybe you don’t want me involved
There have been times I doubted
maybe I too far away
There have been time I doubted
maybe I will not gain your trust
In all the times I have doubted
I have never strayed, never betrayed, never let you slip from my mind or heart
In moments of doubt we fear these things

Last night as I lay in bed I recalled our conversation
There is much going on and you need me
That is more important than anything in the universe
I knew it was time to go to you
To take the risks involved and get out
So that I could be near you
I realized I was willing to sacrifice everything for you
I am willing to do it eternally
There is no reason to doubt for I am willing to give it all

No comments: