Friday, March 20, 2009

Universal Guidance

I have never been good with change.
Well that is not exactly true
I move often without fear, I take on new jobs, I play different roles
There are many things that change that don't even phase me
Yet in opposition to that there are many things that do.

Something I have always marveled at is the contrast in emotional change
At the beginning he/she may be cute
At the end he/she is childish
At the beginning he/she may be tenacious
At the end he/she is stubborn
You get the idea.

This is a change I am not good with.
I don't know how to take that from anyone.
I don't see how people can feel so much at one point and then find its opposite at another

Along with that kind of change I am not good with breaking my routines
Now this one is interesting as it encompasses both the change I can and can't handle
For all my routines get changed when I move
But once I have established the new routine it is difficult for me to break
Now the one good thing about this is that I see it and I recognize it a foolishness
So I will often be caught taking a deep breath and muttering about change is okay
For really if you make the bed before you shower or after does it really matter? 
(exaggeration but you get the point)
The above statements apply so well to changed plans.

I recognize that plans change and nine out of ten times I will have the same amount of fun on changed plans as I will on the ones that were previously made
However; if I had my mind set on something ...
Well I am getting much better at taking that deep breath and reminding myself that change occurs

In the past two years so much turbulence has occurred that change is constant
It benefits me for I don't need to take the deep breath as often
I just roll with the flow
This is not to say I am perfect but it is nice to reflect once in awhile
And feel/notice that one has grown personally

I find that I am more open to change but I still catch myself 
With a bit of frown wondering when it happens
I am glad it takes less time to roll with it than when I was younger

This is not to say that any of it is relevant today or tomorrow
It is just the thought that travelled through my head today 
As I looked around at all the change that has occurred in my life 
Since I joined a little company for a summer show because of 
A guy I met doing an audition

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell me about it

Chaos said...

I hope that I did. I find it amusing to look back on what seem to be subtle events which are the beginning in a chain of events which we do not know the outcome. So hard to tell if you are on a path that you in the end feel is valuable to your personal wants.

Thank you for the comment