Monday, August 3, 2009

Lessons

I am sad at times
For I have lost someone amazing
I wanted my life with you
But in all this I have learned

I learned how to love
that is a wonderful gift
Giving fully without reservation
Knowing all my actions and offers were done with you in mind
I am happy for that

I have also learned
You lied
You said you trusted when you did not
You said you wanted to work and solve when you did not
You said you loved when you did not

I cannot convince you to love
Nor force you to see anything different than you do
Until you are to choose to see beyond those three things
I will always be a bad guy for and to you
There is no hope if you want me to be the enemy
So I have learned to accept

What remains is me
and the focus must leave us and you
and become me
for all that is left is me being happy

I wish my happy was with you
I took those dreams away when I tried to protect (a lie to you)
I took those dreams away when I offered what I didn't know
I took those dreams away through ignorance which you pulled me from

I worked to solve all of that, I held to my love
I am happy for that and joyful
You took away our dreams when you lied
and never worked to solve

I have also learned no matter how painful
The truth is better, it is less painful than the lie in the end

No comments: