Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Broken Days

Shaving in front of the mirror
Preparing for work
The hour strikes me
It is late
I am not doing what millions of others do
Systematically, robotically routinely
Shaving at the same time as yesterday, and the day before and...etc
My days are broken,
Today I do this
Tomorrow that
The next is a surprise
My times are all out of whack
Shaving at night in the morning in the afternoon, sometimes not at all.
I sleep when there is time where there is a moment
I party till I fall down
I arrive for work without a qualm
Each day is unique, some structure, but not enough to be consistent
It is this broken day that I crave
This discombobulated run that lets me be different
My job is not a rut and would be hard pressed to become one
So in not being that it is fresh road daily
And that I am fortunate to have in order to say happy
In order to enjoy life.

No comments: