Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Entwined

I am overwhelmed
The emotions run heavy on me
It is you on my mind
You cannot be here
Nor I there
But we want it to be different

In my mind all the possibilities have come and gone
They all end the same
With us entwined

Am I crazy?
I know I am but I do not care.
The criticisms are immense
That I move to quick, that I trust to quick
That I give too much, that I take too little
But I have always believed
That if one is to love then all caution must be let go
A wise man said "you must give fully. To where you are most vulnerable; if you cannot give your all to the scariest place, then you cannot love, for love is giving all."

I look back at reservation and see my downfall
I look back at hesitation and see my downfall
I look back at moments held back and see my downfall

Now with seemingly impossible obstacles in place I give my all
For I want this to work
I want to awake entwined with you
You share the same feeling
I am overwhelmed with the thought
I fear that it is premature but...
I choose to throw caution to the wind
for I choose love by being vulnerable

Obstacles can be overcome when you know the fear
When I know yours
We are overwhelmed but choose to move with it
Entwined

No comments: