Friday, April 4, 2008

Work

Am I really that different?
Are my ethics so far gone/advanced/beneath everyone else?
Is is that hard to do what I was hired for?

I think not, but then all the signs around me say that I am.
I walk into the room and well all the supplies are in disarray
(they weren't when I left them)
I go to get the cards and all the sequences are messed up
(I just put them in sequence. We have to for record keeping)
I open the box and the tools for the job are only half there
(I filled these boxes two days ago)
I get to the gangway, no signs or barriers
(On my day they were there)

I wonder why there is the difference.
I do not do the brackets to be special
But because my manager said these were the job responsibilities
Alone in filling my job
I wonder if I am over doing it
Or if everyone just does not care and only thinks about themselves.

It would be nice to meet people who fulfilled the job all the way to completion.

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

I often think about it. How much do we really care about our jobs? I try to always do my best , but it seems like this is not true for everyone else around me. By the way, interesting blog. This is just a start for me.

Chaos said...

Hello gharibuu. Thank you for the comment. I agree, I was taught put in my all for what I was contracted and leave at end of contract, knowing job fulfilled and well find something you like if you did not enjoy. Move on after completion not before. I cannot blog often where I am but when I do I will appreciate feedback and comments. I will try to do the same but I am not easily accessing this site.