Thursday, April 24, 2008

I am Selfish

I have my wine, my movie, my note pad
I sit in my room and do my own thing
Everyone else is off to party
I know what I need and I take care of it

I get up in the morning
Go to the gym
Eat my breakfast and organize my day
Everyone else is just arranging right now
I know what I need and I take care of it

I do my own thing and look after me first
I think I am selfish for that act
It allows me the chance to achieve things
Feel good about myself and have a level of organization
I think I am selfish for it

Everyone else seems to plan as things arrive
They see a group and plan for the group and follow
They are more social but accomplish little for themselves
They seem to have more fun but do not know where they are going

It is two different ways of living
Is one right?

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

How selfish can one be? I often ask this question. What makes one selfish? Organization doesn’t mean selfishness, but instead notion of responsibility. Although being organized and trying to prevent unexpected events doesn’t always help one to progress. Everything in excess (with some exceptions maybe) instead of helping hinders one from reaching one’s full potential.

Chaos said...

Excess indeed can be the destroyer. And organization does not always get us ahead. It does seem to be that which focusses one on self and so I wonder sometimes, is it too selfish, are moments which make life missed. Which leads to the thought: what makes life?