Thursday, May 17, 2007

Foundation


I get up in the morning and I think about what I need to do. Many months ago I decided that I wanted to achieve something. Each and every day I work on that goal. Each day another piece of the puzzle is laid as I complete the picture I want to see. These days are the foundation of my future.


As I build my puzzle, or lay down my road (I think that is a better analogy), I invite the people on the journey who I have faith in and want to end up at the same destination. There is no reason to be selfish and harbor these rewards all to myself. Further to that these trusted individuals will add to the journey will lay sections of road for us, the team will achieve more quicker than me alone. I believe that this is a good path, a positive way to live. It promotes joy and happiness as many people work and grow together. There is nothing wrong with it.


This road is the most current and many have been laid before, but I sit in fear for a change. As I look at all the past roads I realize that I have not seen the results and each subsequent road that is built is another attempt to achieve that first destination. I am afraid of building a road that will not get me to my destination. I take a deep breath and examine further.


I am happy for my trusted friends who I invited to join me on my roads, but they frustrate me. Each and everyone of them has reached their destination and is content with it. Each and every one of them found their destination because of the road I started and supported them on. This does not take away from their own merits at road building, but when would they have started their own highway if they did not know me? Finally, why do the roads I build work for everyone else? When will I reach my destination? Or who will invite me to their road in progress so that I can reach my destination?


I am tired of trying to find a new path. I want my road to reach a destination.

No comments: