Sunday, September 21, 2008

Miami

I have a conference
Will you meet me there?
I am not sure if it is a good idea?
You are under so much stress, so many things happening
I am thinking of you
You agree
I feel good to deal with costs (it is a nice change for me, exciting)
We are set

Are you sure I should come? You say
Your schedule is so heavy.
You are thinking of me
It feels nice to know you think that way

I believe you should come
If even just for the point of an escape and ten minutes with me
I pick you up at the airport
We have a great room
The night is wonderful
And off work I go
I get out of the evening
We have the pool and a swim
We order in and get some wine
The shower is cut short and worth it
We talk take photos and watch some film
We crawl into bed and fatigue is my enemy

We will survive
The morning is ours
Fatigue is your enemy
Did you enjoy your time?
Are you glad you came?
I think you did
At least you had one full day, without a stress or care in the world

We still love
But we must part once again
Your pillow is wet
Our hearts are heavy
I can feel the walls of protection between us
I don’t like them but I understand them
One more time that we will part like this
Then we will travel home together

No more walls
Learning new communication
Learning to live with each other
Me finding my footing
So that I don’t have to leave again
The future we know what we want
It is ours to grasp and I am half way there

No comments: