Saturday, September 6, 2008

Vision

In my mind’s eye I see you sitting there
It is dusk and a small amount of light filters through the windows
At your feet are the dogs, lazing around, wishing for scraps\
You are at the kitchen table
Looking out the back door at nothing
One leg is tucked under the other drawn up to your chest
Loosely held in your hand is a piece of toast
(an inappropriate but suitable dinner)
Your head is tilted to the right and you are thinking
Thinking of me and the distance
Thinking of the recent stresses
Thinking of new homes and old homes
Thinking of love and its fruition (in time)

I am sitting at a table
In this crowded place I am one of three right now
I eat carefully, enjoying my moments reprieve
Relishing the break
When your vision hits me

I feel your sorrow, your longing, your loss, your want
They are the same things I feel
And only can we say soon

No comments: