Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dates

I am in the restaurant
Having drinks and enjoying conversation
Another date

The woman is beautiful
Attractive,
Entertaining,
She holds conversation
and in short this is good

The point is it is in short
I think to myself why?
Where is the connection
How do I establish it
Where is the wow that makes me think I would like to do it again

Just over two years ago I said
"I would love to talk to you all night"
And I meant it so we found a way
Literally
And two years went by in bliss for me

I don't want to do it all again
To find I am wrong
To share to open
To be part of
Only to be lied to
Played
and finally turned away

I don't think
I will find the wow
for a while

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

I too understand the feeling. Sometimes it feels like your are doing the same thing over again. Sometimes it feels like it is never the right person, the right moment. The more honest, sincere and open you are, the more you may be taken advantage over by someone you trust and love. We don't want to give up, but we don't want to be running back to the same paths, same dissapointments and frustrations. Is there a way to live a happy, positive and loving life with another human being? Is there a way to just share fully who you are and fully connect who you wanna be with someone else? Isn't it always better to share a path than just take it on your own? We can be happy by ourselves, I know. But when you have someone to share a happy moment doesn't it become a happier moment? Even a magical one?

Chaos said...

I agree with those last two questions in the affirmative. Yet the first part of all you said makes it difficult to get to the sharing. Once bitten, twice shy, or fill in the number. Sad, give yourself over, truly commit... realize the lies get burned. I know somewhere is the right person, just when...