Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life Challenges

I have reached a point of frustration
Like that has never happened before
I do not feel like I am acheiving what I want
Emotionally.

I recently was given the tools to deal with this
Yet I find myself not using them
In the past few weeks I continue to question why?
I can solve but I do not.

I look at the tools and myself and know the answer
Using these tools will require me to dig into myself
Dig deep and face things
I believe that I am a good person, that I offer much
Yet I keep scaring women away from strong relationships
There must be something wrong
So what if I dig in and find I don't like what I see?
What if I find something I can't live with?
What if I find something I cannot get past or fix?

It is easier to carry on with what is known
Easier to face the existing blase
Yet it leaves me feeling depressed and sad
This is not living

I simply want to find someone who will share my life and take me for who I am
I thought I had that but I was wrong
Close but no cigar
Without work I will never have a cigar
So I write this to empower me to begin the work
Begin the work
Make the time to use the tools
and one day not miss what was but relish what is

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

I love the last sentence of your post. I'm finding myself in a similar situation. Except that, my last experience, although negative, gave me the energy and light necessary to understand relationships and my role in them. It is hard to look deep inside oneself, it is hard to discover, but fear is what keep us from progressing. Always transform the negative side of things in something positive, " always look on the bright side of life"...

Chaos said...

Agreed on your statement again Apples
Of course facing the challenge associated to it is the issue always
I see the issue now to act on it

I understand relationship well I believe
Present yourself with openness and truth
Trust your partner
Move forward together

I always get confused when my partners lie about any of these stages as I do not see value in it