Monday, July 16, 2007

Red Point- Woman In The Meadow 11a

I know I can do you
60 feet
One really hard section
Pumpy all the way up
I can handle that
You have a good rest
I have seen and understood your crux

I tie in
I move through you
One, two, three clips stress on the arms
Feet are working, rest, breathe
The air hits my back, still sore, worse since the last attempt
The gorge is beautiful
Move

Climb, crank, fourth clip
There is no where to recover
Arms
The hard spot
Rise into it
Slippy underhand
Leg into place
Drop the other
A moment is all I get to breathe
Breathe

The right hand goes up
The hold is beautiful
I have to put my left there
I slide the right, there is nothing
On the rock to hold or in my arm for a second to get my left up

The right goes back
breathe
The left comes up
Slowly one finger at a time I exchange hands
Slowly, Slowly, Slowly...

It goes
The wall slides away from my face
The drop is clean
Five, ten, fifteen, twenty feet
the rope catches the stretch kicks in
Mother

You are a project
You are a beautiful lady
I will return

No comments: