Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Ex

I came to a realization the other day
My ex who says she wants to be friends with me treats me like an ex
Can we ever become friends if she does not treat me like a friend?
Will the few times we talk just lead to a slow digression overtime?
I don't know but I will see.
It saddens me because she feels false, right now.
She claimed her intention was to be friends, something we both expressed a want of
In doing so I realized that I had to view her as a friend, it is perspective, friends are treated differently than exes
So if she treats me like an ex is she working on friendship?
I want to believe that the little communication we have, the few times we see each other etc are the steps that overtime will lead to her viewing me as a friend.
I understand that this takes time, but if you really want to get there why not challenge perspective and start right away?
As she said a few nights ago:
"Time will tell us where our friendship lies, we started in an all encompassing way, so our friendship needs defining."
I will give us the benefit of the doubt that these little steps define, and time will change perspective.
I hope I am right. I hate losing wonderful and inspiring people from my life.

No comments: