Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My mother told me...

... there would be days like these.

Is the title of a song by Julian Lennon (John's son)
The tune sticks in my head even though I heard it in the 80's
I always imagined the song to be talking about days when everything just went wrong
Wake up stub your toe, your milk is sour, your bike has a flat and so the day goes
However, as I have gone through so many things these words now have emotional content to them
I can only imagine that as Julian sang this song he was referring to days that could not be defined by the regular scope of emotions
Up and down and just not feeling right about the self
Days like these
However, he could have been singing about days of beauty and wonder
I only know those words and the tune attached, I was quite young

No comments: