Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Departure

So I got assigned to my ship today
I leave Dec 9 and return June 15, 2008
Wow

I am super excited, I am scared, I am overwhelmed, I am bouyant and every other emotion I can think of all at the same time

I am also sad
There are moments we won't touch on
I know you offered that acting on this would be selfish of you
That my path was important
I know the same of me to you
So we have been apart but closer
Now the time comes that we will be apart
It saddens me

I cannot predict the future
But I said that this journey would make me more of who I am
Better for me for you
So maybe for us when I return
Time is its own place and cannot be harnessed
Know that we will act in our moments
So that we can live of course
Know that in this moment our separation pulls a piece of sadness from my heart

No comments: