Saturday, November 24, 2007

Talking



Sitting there, just the two of us
One on one
(the way I seem to communicate)
How many years of friendship between us?
It is a really long time
There is equal value in our relationship
You have grown gained knowledge which I only skim the surface
I have learned more of the practical life
When I share you are able to say give more
But I don't understand, and everytime I do get it you have learned more
You take from me my practical but it does not matter to you
So lost in your knowledge
I want to catch up to you because it will give me peace of mind
As my troubles fall away
You want me to catch up to you so that you don't have to continue picking me up
It hurts you to see me struggle and fall, with so little gain
It hurts me more
You have pointed it out though
The struggle and fall equals so little gain
Others without your knowledge think me brave and courageous for delving
You may see the same but wish I understood a more efficient way
That makes two of us
For all the bravery though there is a point of resignation
How many years have you known me?
How many times have you seen me fall?
How many struggles of similar nature?
How much gain?
The pattern is there and it seems to not go away?
You cannot help
I am who I am, this is how I learn, you try to accept
That for all my push I am still pretty trapped

No comments: