Sunday, November 25, 2007

Learning

I came to the realization that I truly know nothing
That all my wisdom is only truly applicable to me
And the question is:
How applicable is it, or how much do I know if I continue to end up in the same spot
The universe is so big
We/I am so small
What I store in my mind is nothing
For all I may know it is infinitesimal compared to what could be known
And as it is all my own experience it has no true bearing for anyone else

I recently watched a friend create some music
One of the most moving pieces I have heard
He created it because he was truly moved in his soul by certain events
The result was this piece of music, his song
I couldn't help but realize
That if I am not creating because of being that moved there is no point
And from that came the idea of how much do I know that I want to share
and then it hit me
I truly know nothing

Why?
He too has been in a similar state of searching/solving/understanding
His wisdom lead him to some personal growth and advanced his position
His growth to the song
I believe the indication of knowledge is the process of growth

1 comment:

Della said...

I think Socrates said something along the lines of, "Wisest is he who knows he does not know."

Plus there was also something about knowledge can't be attained without thought, thus we need to learn how to think in order to be able to access knowledge within ourselves and the world around us...

So it can't be too bad a thing to know you do not know.