Saturday, November 10, 2007

What is it?

I just got this job that is going to take me away for travel
The first trek is six months
If I play my cards the right way
Then I shall be gone for up to three years
This is great and I am happy about it.

The key in this though is that my departure date is not set
There could still be up to a year before I leave
So how come the majority of responses that I get from people
Mostly aqquaintance type friends and family
Are based in the nice knowing you
Don't forget us little people
And sorry to have missed you before you left
Responses.

There is lots of time to say hello have a drink and sit down
Does anyone actual listen to what I am telling them about my departure?
Why are so many treating me like I left yesterday?
Wouldn't it make sense to find time to talk instead of sign off?

2 comments:

Della said...

Congratulations on getting the job! You'll definitely have to come visit if you make it by this way...

As for people being like you've already left, sometimes I kind of wonder whether it's just part of the separation process - maybe it makes it a little easier for people, as much as it sucks.

Chaos said...

Thanks and good point