Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Subway Revelations

Picture this
Sitting on the TTC
Red seats and silver everywhere
Found a comfortable spot on a late night train, 
My own little bubble, no one near me
Picture this
Dress shoes, socks, pants and shirt
Looking all prim and proper
Yet I sit with my knees pulled up to my chest
My arms wrapped around my knees
Fetal in a seated position
The position does not match the attire
I realize I do not match the attire
I can play the role
But it is not me
I like pubs,
I like jeans,
I like jazzy, alternative background, Nova Scotian music
I like to just be a man of the earth
I am such a simple person
I have no real opinions
I am not knowledgeable on politics,
literature, current news events or anything for that matter
(although I do have opinions on film and theatre)
I honestly never have much to say for I would rather be silent than ignorant
Or stupid in the face of those who are knowledgeable
I sit cradled in my TTC chair, wrapped like a vagabond
In clothes I wear but do not fit well
and I wonder
What is seen in me?
What value to I have?
Am I a good person?
Should I be kept around?
Am I worth it?
These are the thoughts of a man lost
One not sure how to reconcile the expectations of the world
Versus where I actually am and what I want
I get scared about everything tangible
But I stop daily to breathe
Yes I said to breathe
And to listen
I do these two things to check in with me
I don't ever want to mislead, or lie, or confuse, or falsely carry on
For anyone of importance ever again in my life
I have done so before and crushed, Never again
So I stop each and every day
I ask the same question and l wait
The answer is from the gut without impediment
I ask it again and question the answer to be sure
It is the same
My emotions, the way I feel, the way I want
In respect to you is unchanged
It rings true and sings to me
You are the only thing in my world which I know for sure is true
My place in the world in the universe is emotionally with you
You are what I want
Everything else is chaos but you are a known in my life
I only want that known to be true on both sides
I fear that the chaos in everything else about me is not fair
Or that is scares you away, or that it equals your loss
I only want the best for you because I know my emotion
My emotion sings with you.

No comments: