Sunday, September 30, 2007

A New Challenge

Lately many of my friends have been coming out of nowhere and surprising me with unsolicited commentary on my skills (this is not unwanted and I am exceptionally greatful for it, thank you all) Comments about how accomplished I am, how fortunate I am to pursue my dream, how talented I am, that it is only a matter of time till I get exactly what I strive for. I love it. It has also made me think. I carefully went through as much memory as I could handle in search of a moment similar to this. It has never happened to my knowledge. Over the years I have been given support and I don't doubt it, but I have never had it in such an unsolicited abundance, it typically comes from one or two people at a time who pass me a word of encouragement and unknowingly keep my drive going. This wonderful flux and abundance of praise feels awesome. Again thank you.

Many people know of my changes, the things I am doing differently, the new angle whatever you want to call it. It is my new challenge, it is a scary one, it is the one that will open new doors and offer some clarity, it is a departure for a while. I have stepped onto a new road, one never travelled by me, one that I know nothing about and not sure where it will take me. After twenty years of familiarity I am working on breaking it to see something else, to expand in a new way, to achieve what I want from a new perspective. It was suggested that there may be a giving up going on, a running away, and now I have a question?

Do you think less of me for this? Will I lose you because of this?

No comments: