Wednesday, May 13, 2009

From Me

At one point in my life 
I was very cautious with the words I chose
I spoke very carefully 
I was nicknamed the mouse because I was so quiet
When asked for my input I had fountains of knowledge
But I chose carefully how I said it

Things changed somewhere along the line
Not sure when
I don't think I am any less careful with my thoughts
But I do offer them more freely
People comment on when I am silent, somewhat surprised

But what is different is this
I often say or write something
Simply because I do
It is what I do
I have been questioned on these things a few times
In pondering them carefully I realized that I often express based on intuition or feeling
That although I may not know exactly in the moment why I am saying something it is usually quite right and emotionally speaking hitting the nail on the head
I pondered further and realized
I trained for twenty years as an actor
Twenty years of training which teaches the ability to access and trust feelings
Something I don't think I do very well as I can't get hired as an actor
But apparently I was wrong
I do it very well
I intuit and express my feelings and impact people
I do this when I just let myself be 
When I don't try to do it

What I have learned is that I am really bad at explaining why I am saying a specific thing
Yes I know I just pointed out that you are hurting and in denial and were choosing to hide
Yes I know we were talking about chocolate cake and that had nothing to do with it
Yes I know that I was right on the head with it and it frustrates you
NO! I have no idea how our chocolate cake conversation brought that to light or what you did or said to make me say that
Trust me


No comments: