Thursday, May 28, 2009

Foiled...Temporarily?

So I am looking for work, so many are.
I am in a foreign country, which makes it a bit more complicated
I found some work, yay for me
I got a wonderful offer, yay for me
The union is blocking me from taking it
This bites.

I mean when I started in this industry I could not get paid because I was not in the union
I was limited to volunteer jobs and hack work to build my resume
I built it up, I survived for 10 years
I got into the union
In the last while things have changed dramatically and people can't afford the wages of the union
So now I can't get paid because I am in the union

I am forced/choose to step outside of my speciality and focus 
Just to survive
and now I see the union has jurisdiction there too
so now to make a living I have to go to a profession that I have no desire to be in at all
and forgo my dreams because the union which protects me won't let me work

I will petition and find a way
But I am getting tired of fighting to do what I want
I thought if you pursued your dreams and lived by your heart you got somewhere

Right now I am frustrated.

2 comments:

artsmonkey said...

f-ing union. i'm soooo understanding your frustration. the union can suck my balls.

Chaos said...

yeah, you said it, that is the perfect expression here
drives me crazy
supposed to help us make money not stop us from doing so