Thursday, November 27, 2008

Home

My niece asked me where my home was
I have been working abroad for some time
I had no answer...
Well not exactly true
I have thought about it for some time
It has been a long time since I had a place called home

My place in the city got old after about two years
It had some rough memories associated to it
I wanted out, living with roommates was worn thin
It was a place to live

My room on the ship
Well I think that is self explanatory
It is a place to live

My mother's place
She lets me know I can always come home
Yet it is not the same as it was when I was a kid
I still have my room
The place is the same
But it is different
I don't know where everything is
It is my mom's home
It is a place to stay

There has been one place where I felt home
I was only there for a few weeks
I was welcomed with open arms
Space on a shelf had been cleared for me
The layout was something I imagined in my dreams
The style and feel warm and inviting
It was the way I imagined my home would look
It is your home and you wanted me there
That was enough
The only place that has felt like home in a very long time

No comments: