Saturday, November 29, 2008

Uprooted

I am standing in the city
My "home"
I look around me at all the familiar things
The places I used to haunt
The pathways I used to tread
I want them, I miss them
I feel lost
At one time I knew what was happening
I knew what tomorrow held
There are no guarantees
But at least a semblance of security in the knowledge of tomorrow's work
I chose to leave
I needed to leave
I wanted to leave
Having been away I feel I have gained much
Right now that gain is in flux
There are no guarantees
In flux
It feels like I have lost something here
A false sense of stability that I idolize right now
I do know what I want
I know what I would like to change
I know who I want
Where I want to live
Even what I want to do
These things are not here
I feel uprooted and I am
I want to put down some roots with you
Will you help me?

2 comments:

Apples and Arrows said...

The familiar and unfamiliar blend as we take a new path. Question marks might be fluctuating in our minds but deep inside we know, what we want, where to go and who will always be there for us.

Chaos said...

Answers are the thing we always have as long as we are willing to listen. Often what we know and what we want are different and therefore painful to accept. It is then more than ever that we trust: the universe provides.