Monday, December 8, 2008

Airport

I have flown across the borders to see you
I was nervous, even scared, that it would be a goodbye
I trusted and held to that but it did not fully remove the above
I came with my open heart to see you and only you
You were hurt, in pain, confused, lost
I wanted to be here to offer my shoulder my hug
Sometimes it is all it takes to help clear everything in your mind
I do not think that I have taken it all away
But my presence helped to rejuvenate
There is still time and space
Both will be needed but not wanted
Now I sit in an airport
Headed "home", then to the distant lost work
I leave with a happy soul and the love I have never lost still with me
I leave without joy for leaving but joy for seeing you
Two days was all it was
It was enough for the moment
We tried to extend, damn those costly plane people
I will be back
Very soon
We will break that moment that space with your visit to me
A mini vacation for you
An escape from the cold
A moment for us too...
Let your imagination run wild.
I love you and nothing will take that away
You said "we will be okay"
I trusted and went to a place never before known
You are right and we are good
We need the downs to have the great ups
It will not be long before we are in each other's arms for good.

No comments: