Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Different

Weeks ago something changed
I felt it but did not understand
I pleaded for explanation and sat impatiently waiting
It finally came
Change, I was crushed, my heart in pieces on the floor
I raced to try and save someone I had lost
More valuable than a wallet, or an heirloom, or any priceless thing
This was a life attached to me, one I chose to let in,
One I chose to let grow with me
Torn from my flesh, my ribs, my heart, exposing my broken carcass to the harsh element called life

Days went by and something changed
I felt it but only had an inkling of understanding
There was something there in my soul worth working with
Something you were willing to open up to and try with again
I worked to try and save us, give, be open, communicate
But it did not feel right
Something was missing, something we had
It was hard, I knew it required time, so I did not give up
Neither did you

More days passed and something changed
I felt it and believed I gained some knowledge
There was a ray of hope, an offering to help us proceed
Something you were able to communicate that I clearly understood
I stopped working and began to breathe
It was difficult but you were worth it

Weeks went by and something changed
I felt it but knew I was confused
Our growth felt stilted, hazy and weak
I feared it was irreparable, that you were gone or going
Nothing I could do would work
But I stayed, it would take time if I was wrong
I learned something and carried on
I put all my trust on the line and ripped open my soul
Lying naked on the ground for you to step on if you chose

Days went by and something changed
I felt it and knew I had grown
I had bared myself and found things I could have never conceived
I reached new depths of honesty and love and had you to thank
I looked back to you and saw that you were with me

Days went by and something changed
I felt it and hurt to hear it
Those things I have done
Cut very very deep
Nothing done to hurt
Nothing done at all
In action choices poorly made
Foundations cracked to the core
Scared that what I learned came to late

Today went by and something changed
Something different
Different good, different great
Something subtle, a change in tone,
A little more you
A little more me
A little more us

Today want by and something changed
I felt it and we will be okay
Love is an amazing thing

No comments: