Friday, December 26, 2008

Tears

I have heard you cry before
I have been the source of it and known it
I have worked to overcome your tears
But the last time was different
You were hurt, not by us but by circumstance
You should not be
I wanted to reach through the phone
I should be there but I am not
My life choices in conflict with each other
To be with you but to do so without being a burden
Something we both want
I face many things
Challenges, opportunities whatever we call them
But right now they are all outweighed by just being able to be with you
I don't want to hear you cry, or be upset,
Not that I want it hidden from me, I just don't ever want you to feel that way
Right now my distance is the source of those tears and I work to absolve both
No more Christmases alone, no more alone

No comments: