Saturday, December 13, 2008

I want

I want to just love again

To be able to communicate and be understood

I spoke with my mother tonight and got in trouble for not saying something earlier

Something which I had told her about earlier

I guess the communication problem is mine, I remain the only common factor

If I could communicate clearer I would not be sitting here writing this today

Different words would have been used, or clearer phrases would have happened

Something would be different in the way I expressed and this would not be what it is

It will be alright but I wonder why this has to happen to get there

Why I fall short

What I don’t understand in communication

I discovered yesterday that my mother’s lack of happiness rides on words I spoke years ago

Words which in the way I communicated came across to effect a decision that left her perpetually unhappy to this day

I did not say what she expresses she heard but obviously the way I communicate

I cannot help but feel that my communication is the source of everything in the end

I work to be clear but then I guess I say too much

I honestly don’t know

A picture is worth a thousand words

I believe a touch is worth more

I want to be near

I don’t want to be going away again

Had I communicated differently I may never have left

I found out today that my financial position effects my mother’s piece of mind

For I still have things here, when she feels cluttered it aggravates her

I keep extrapolating out from this simple place

I hear versions of it in the past and see it in the present

I want to have answers

I want to have something solid to go on

Not a wing and a prayer

I want to breathe and be relaxed all the time

I want to be a stress release not a stress inducer

I want to be sought after not run away from

I want to help the situations around me but cannot

I understood tonight why financial strain sits so heavily with me

I was brought up with a few simple words: “If only we had money”, “If I just had..”

I want to not say those words myself


I follow my heart in everything I do

But I am a Capricorn

So when my heart begins to lead my head weighs every avenue to justify my heart

My heart needs no justification

I learned years ago that justification kills

I learned only recently how to just follow my heart

I give everything that is in there, inside my heart

Everything that I am is in the open

Vulnerable to you

I follow my heart in everything I do


I look back on life, my life and see my heart lead

My head justifying, my dreams being pursued safely

It has done me nothing 

I have lived well but alone

I want to stop being alone

I want to feel stable

I want to be able to experience life in a different light

I want to do it with you

I want to reach my dreams but am not sure how to do both

One step at a time and breathe


I want the step to be safe

I let my heart guide

I breathe and trust

I want to get through this

I want to feel your breathe on my neck, and us wrapped in each other

I want to share in love and not concerns of when but now

I want to be there 


I want to understand everything unspoken

I want to know what is going on inside

I want to be able to read minds for then maybe my communication would be better

and half the things I face would be avoided

I want to fix what I have broken

I want to make my mother happy

I want to see smiles and love again

I want a lot of things and it makes me smile with an ironic grin

because in the end I want nothing but happiness for those I love

1 comment:

Apples and Arrows said...

Deep inside, your words, that's what most human beings need, and want. Communication skills are hard to develop when you follow your heart, but writing is a great tool of learning, learning to be clearer, learning to be open, learning to express, and especially learning to listen. For it is when we stop to write and think about everything and everyone that affects us,our heart, we start to really listen.