Saturday, July 4, 2009

The biggest turn

I am not where I want to be
I am here without you
I gained the clarity that I needed

You told me what you shared was not full
What I knew in essence is not true
There is a choice to be made
By you
To see me for who I am
Or make me into your past
I have no control over it

At this point every angle, every action you make
Says the choice is made
You see nothing but your past in me
Unfortunate, for it is misunderstanding
It is not truly looking at me
Nor is it taking the risks we said we would take
when we uttered those three words.

I did not run when you shared and you were positive I would
I accepted your side and fulfilled all that you asked
I did more than anyone else
I smiled when you said "you are not like anyone else"
I did nothing to betray you
But think of you in a light I believed positive
Ironic that it cost me you, tragic really

I see all of that
Experience your ice which I knew would never be pleasant
Understand exactly what you are doing for I have watched you do it
And I sit in pain

I cannot continue like this
So while I pray for ice to melt
And a flower to bloom
I changed the circumstance
And did for me

No comments: