Friday, July 17, 2009

Repeating History

Twelve years ago
Almost to the day
I felt I had lost everything

I reached a life crisis
My love and I were separated by great distance
Due to a new job
She sounded so emotionally distant
I did not understand the path I was on

It sent me into a downward spiral
For about three weeks
When I came to I regained my clarity
Rushing home to reclaim myself and my love

She was not there
Emotionally sliding
She said we could fix
But never intended to do so

Three weeks later
Broken and crushed
I moved to the city
She never knew I thought of marriage

With nothing left
I threw myself at my work
Things looked good for a while
I booked

Twelve years later
I face a life crisis
My love and I are separated by distance
She already agreed to marry me

The life confusion sent me into a downward spiral
That lasted about three weeks
When I came to I had my clarity
But my love was gone

She said we should fix it
But has not shown the effort
I have lost my hope
Without hope I have nothing

With nothing left to lose
I threw myself at my work
Things seem good
I am booking

As future becomes present and present becomes past
I will no longer include love in the equation
For this repeat of history has just about destroyed me
A third time will kill me

No comments: