Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tired

I am tired
Most of my mature life I have sought valuable relationship
In contrast to the world around me
I have always wanted a stable partner
Some one person to share my experiences with

I wanted it so bad as a youth
I would allow sex to confuse me
I would cling to anything to think that this could be it

As I matured I learned better
I spent a long time breaking down my habits
To stop lying to myself to be aware to choose wisely

Along the way I learned that I am a good person
That I am also a helpful and insightful person
My skills can clear problems with my level head
And clear mind

In seeing this while breaking my habits
I learned that in the past women used that good person
To spring board past problems and once used discarded me

I set out to find one person different from all of this
One person who would not use me as a stepping stone
But I believed it no longer possible
That my age, my knowledge of people, the reality of the world
That this one woman did not exist

I found her accidentally
She claimed that from the second she saw me she knew
Forever
She demonstrated and fulfilled these words
Did everything different than the past
Proved it was possible

In the words love
At least to me
I believe that two people work together
That no matter how hard the challenge
They work as one to overcome
Meeting half way to solve
In solving grow and make better
The two and the one

We hit a big problem
We faced it and agreed it was set to rest
It was not, at least for her,
It was hidden from me
It was a lie that we were fine

In the lie so happened the regression
and bit by bit those demonstrations of perfection
became like all the past

I trusted against this that it could not happen
But as we faced that challenge once again
All the words have been just that
Words
There has been no action to support
The past has taught me no action to me
Equals action to the self and growth without me
Leaving me used and discarded

I sit alone tonight
Hearing words
Wishing I was wrong
Praying I am incorrect
Crying that I found one person who gives like me
Stands by her words
Acts for the two
But the lack of action speaks louder than words
and I am left crying alone

Alone I face the world
and slowly I accept my dream of a partner
is but a pipe dream
I will face the world alone

I no longer feel I am of value to anyone
At least not of value worth keeping
I am tired of being discarded and no longer want to give
To discover I am useful only for one thing
That is not value to me

I will face alone
I find solace in knowing I have not given falsely
That I did not seek to hurt
That my indiscretions were done accidentally
And came from good intentions logic - ed out wrong
That in facing it alone
At least I did not accidentally bring someone along for too long
Get to embroiled and have a past broken home

Subtle solace but solace nonetheless
Unfortunate that I am not wrong in what I see
I wish I was
I would have value then
I would believe that someone else is like me

No comments: