Thursday, July 9, 2009

Up and Down

So we have an agreement
With no knowledge of what that means for the future
Which in its own way hurts as I know clearly what I want

We are both hurt
You for my indiscretions
Any I for your indiscretions
Yes we have both done things to hurt

Apologies have passed but anger is obvious still
How to get past it
I give I give I give

So some days I am up
Some days I am down
I know nothing any day
Except for that which hurts

You are unsure
Have no view of anything but the present
Are clear where you are
Seem distant from me

Months ago that thought made you ill
Now thoughts like this don't phase
I wonder again how women shut down like that and stop
When I said I love I meant forever
So I cannot shut down like that and I give

Even if you stop and it is apparent that I must
I will continue giving silently and will be hurt for a long time
So lets be honest
This minute I feel up
This minute I feel down
This second...

Most seconds are down
For I miss, I love and now I hurt

No comments: