Friday, July 17, 2009

The epitome

We joked about me booking a gig that would solve our financial struggle
Well today I did
The biggest day of my entire career
No more financial struggles for us

But you are not here
I don't know if you ever will be
I went to celebrate
Called two close friends
Both sick in bed
I went alone

As I lifted my celebratory drink
Without the one person who I want to celebrate with
I look up to the big screen
An orange paw, on a purple and orange jersey
Not yours but really close
A universal slap
It cuts to commercial
Harry Potter opens today
I am not there to see it with you

I cheers myself
Alone in the bar
Celebrating a life victory
Alone in a bar
All around me are reminders of you
But you are not here
There is no indication that you would want to be
I take my first sip
Alone in a bar

I am tired of facing it alone
Good or bad
But I will
For I have nothing left
Just me
Alone in a bar
On the most influential day of my life

No comments: