Friday, July 31, 2009

The Close

You are welcome to read this
I never asked you to stop and won't
The thought came to me that you might read it
Should I censor? should I hold back?

The thought lasted only a minute
I have never held back with you
I have always given you my all
This is no time to stop

If you choose to read and are affected
Then you do
You may hate me
You may love me
you may be inspired to respond
or use it as fodder to laugh at me
or fuel your anger
or maybe to forgive me
Regardless of what it does
I will not hold back

I know that love is a two way street
that I cannot convince you to love me
that if you are not willing to work and fight
then it is all pointless

I take a deep breath
I accept you have stopped thinking of me as a love
You asked what I want
I want you
For I love you, I am in love with you, I want you and I need you in my life.

These words have always been a truth to me
I never said them without intention of keeping them with you till my death
So even though we come to a close because you cannot live and feel by what you once said
I take a look at all the hurts on both sides
I breathe
I feel love
I choose to forgive and work
and I know we can get past them

We come to a close for you do not want to work that way today
I must move forward
My heart, my words my soul remain open to you
For I am in love with you

No comments: